Campground Rules & Regulations
- These rules are intended to provide for the enjoyment and protection of all campers visiting the Jackson County Park. These rules, in conjunction with the Jackson County Park Rental Agreement, govern campground operations.
- By occupying a campsite in Jackson County Park (either short-term or long-term), campground renter agrees to follow these rules, and acknowledges that failure to comply may result in eviction from campground.
- The campground manager has full authority for judgment regarding interpretation and enforcement of these rules.
- Jackson County Park is located on land owned by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). As such, the Park and all renters/visitors must comply with TVA rules and regulations in order for the Park to remain in operation. Any activity by renters/visitors that violates TVA rules shall be grounds for eviction.
- TVA rules require that campsites be used for recreational purposes only. The use of campsites for residential use is strictly prohibited. In accordance with this TVA rule, the following regulations apply:
- Campground renters are required to provide proof of a permanent residence outside the Park on demand when requested by the park or by TVA. Failure to provide sufficient proof of a permanent residence will result in eviction.
- Campground renters are expected to reside at their permanent residence, and use their campsite for recreation on an occasional basis only. Under normal circumstances, renters should not be occupying their campsite more than 20 days per month.
- Campground renters cannot use the Park address to receive mail at the campground.
- Campground renters are prohibited from using the Park address for drivers’ licenses, voter registration, or other similar official uses.
- TVA rules also stipulate that renters cannot use the Park for any commercial activity.
- SPEED LIMIT IN THE CAMPGROUND FOR EVERYONE IS 5 MPH. THERE ARE CHILDREN AND ADULTS WALKING, RIDING BIKES AND PLAYING, SO WATCH YOUR SPEED AND DRIVE SAFELY.
- A camping unit is defined as motor home, camping trailer, pop-up tent or camping tent. Camping units must be in good working order and have a neat appearance. Only one unit per campsite.
- For an additional $10/night charge, a camping tent can be placed alongside the camping unit of a rented campsite for a period of no more than one week.
- Campers must safely place and level their camping unit on assigned site without infringing upon neighboring sites.
- Each camper can make use of storage units that can fit under their camping unit and not be an eyesore. One “Rubbermaid” type storage unit the size of a storage cabinet or broom closet will be allowed per site. NO FOOD IS ALLOWED TO BE STORED IN THESE CABINETS. Swings, chairs, grills, etc. are allowed; however, there may not be an excessive number of these additional items. All items outside the camping unit must not extend outside campsites. These items cannot be an eyesore or unduly obstruct the view of neighboring sites.
- Minors (under 21) are not allowed to rent a campsite. An adult (21 or older) must obtain the campsite rental and occupy the site with all minors.
- Only two (2) visitor vehicles are permitted per campsite. Visiting hours end at 10:00 PM Sunday thru Thursday, and at 11:00 PM on Friday, Saturday, holidays and evenings before holidays. Visitors must leave when the camping party checks out. Campsite renters are responsible for the actions of their visitors (including children).
- If you have a visitor, you will have to go to the gate to let them in. We will not give them a card or code to get in. Do not let anyone that you do not know follow you into the campground gate. The gate is under video surveillance.
- Anyone caught trying to raise the gate, go under the gate, follow a vehicle through the gate, run through the gate, etc. will be will be banned from the campground. If the gate is damaged due to any of these activities, the offender will be charged with destruction of county property. If your visitor commits any of these violations, you will be evicted.
- Washing of vehicles or campers in your campsite is allowed upon payment of a $5 fee. Washing is to be done so as not to create water runoff or mess on any campsite.
- Rental fee for long-term sites is to be paid in advance & must be paid within 5 days of the due date. If payment is not paid by 5 PM on the 15th of each month, a $20 late fee will be added to the account.
- No permanent structures, fences, or other large items placed around camper are allowed. No items shall be placed on a site that gives it the appearance of being a permanent site. No digging on any site is allowed. No tents or other temporary structures are allowed near the shoreline.
- Per TVA rules, no new decks will be allowed to be built in campsites. No gazebos, patios, or other similar structures will be allowed. Existing decks already in campsites as of January, 2022 will be allowed to remain for the time being. However, these existing decks would have to be removed if TVA mandates it.
- Campers are to keep all their items within their campsite. Be mindful of other campers’ needs for privacy and respect their rented campsites. Do not infringe on other campsites with vehicles, boats, hammocks, wood piles, etc. Maximum vehicles allowed include camper, two vehicles, 1 golf cart, and 1 boat.
- No ATVs, UTVs, 4-wheelers, motorized trail bikes or go-carts allowed in Jackson County Park.
- Golf carts are allowed in the campground, but they must abide by same laws/rules as vehicles. Golf cart rules:
- You must be 16 years of age to drive a golf cart in the park.
- If a renter allows their visitor to drive a golf cart in the park, renter is responsible for making sure visitor follows all rules.
- Carts must stay on campground roads, stay off walking trails and grassy areas, and abide by the 5 MPH campground speed limit.
- NO golf carts allowed outside the campgrounds after dark.
- Any golf cart in campground after dark must have headlights & red taillights.
- If a golf cart is driven on County Park Road, it must be in compliance with any applicable law for operation of a golf cart on a city street.
- If a campground renter commits two golf cart rule violations, the renter will no longer be allowed to have a golf cart in the park.
- Campfires are allowed except for dry seasons when the area is placed under a no burn order by the Fire Marshall’s office. The campground office will post a notice at these times. Campfires must be contained in a fire pit or fire ring. Campfires are not to be left unattended. Completely extinguish campfires before leaving them unattended. Wood piles can only be 2’ high x 4’ wide and neatly stacked.
- Nothing is allowed on the grass except a fire pit & a wood pile. You can have items on the grass while you are here and using them, but everything MUST be off the grass when they are not in use and when you are not present. Nothing should be stacked behind your camper outside of your campsite’s gravel area. If you put down carpet in your campsite gravel area, you will be responsible for replacing gravel when carpet is removed. Nothing can be placed in the ground anywhere on your site (stakes, poles, etc.).
- Campground renters cannot make any modifications to water/sewer hookups or electrical connections in any campsite.
- Fish cleaning is not permitted in bathhouse sinks or any part of these facilities. NO EXCEPTIONS! Clean up after yourself and your family so that everyone can enjoy clean and sanitary facilities. If you are caught vandalizing the bathhouse or stealing paper towels or toilet paper, you will be evicted immediately from the campground.
- Quiet hours are observed Sunday-Thursday from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM and Fridays, Saturdays, holidays and evenings before holidays from 11:00 PM to 6:00 AM. Yelling, loud music, or excessive noise is not allowed at any time in consideration for other campers.
- There are boat docks and a boat ramp inside the campground. Boat ramp and dock rules:
- Boat launching must be done at the boat ramp in the campground or at the public ramp in the park.
- The dock at the boat ramp is a courtesy dock only for use when loading and unloading. NO boats should be left at this dock unattended.
- All other docks in the campground are to be shared among the campers. They are used on a first come, first serve basis by renters while they are staying in the campground.
- Campground boat ramp and docks are only for campers in the park, and cannot be used by non-campers.
- All pets must be confined or be on a leash when outside. No pet may be left outside unattended whether chained, leashed or otherwise restrained. Clean up after your pet. All pets must be up to date on all legally required shots such as rabies, etc. Pets of any type that are a potential risk to the safety of our campers are not permitted in the campground at any time. Pets that become a threat to other campers will be directed to be removed.
- Anyone parking vehicles or boats in vacant campsites will be expected to pay for the campsite. No questions asked. Do not park in the rental cabin parking area. Your vehicle will be towed at owner’s expense if left there. No questions asked.
- We provide picnic tables for transient lots only. DO NOT remove the tables from these sites. If long-term lot renters wish to have a picnic table, you will need to bring your own.
- Dumpsters around the campground & park are provided for household type trash disposal. No trash or trash bags are to be left in campsites. Dumpsters are only for campground renters; no outside trash dumping is allowed.
- Jackson County Park campground is operated in a family friendly manner and all campers should conduct themselves accordingly. Disorderly conduct, threatening behavior, belligerence, drugs, alcohol, etc. may result in immediate expulsion from the campground. Any camper that becomes unruly or is visibly intoxicated will be asked to leave the campground. If a disturbance is caused and police have to be called, you will be required to vacate your campsite with no refund and will not be able to return to the campground. Reminder: Campground renters are responsible for the actions and behavior of their visitors.
- No bicycles are allowed to be ridden in park after dark. Do not ride bicycles across other campsites. Small children riding bicycles must be supervised by an adult. Children 15 years & under are required to wear a helmet while riding bikes, skateboards, scooters, etc.
- Firearms are permitted during hunting seasons only. They have to be unloaded and securely stored when not in use.
- Refrigerators, freezers, and other appliances are not allowed outside campers in campsites. No exceptions.
- It is at the manager’s discretion to take any necessary actions to prevent damages during inclement weather, including turning off the water.
Jackson County Marina Rules
1. Only one boat per boat slip. If you put another vessel of any kind in the slip with your boat, it will be an extra $25.00 a month & we must have a copy of the insurance covering it.
2. All boats must run & be checked often by Park Manager.
3. All boats must have current registration stickers & be registered in the current owner’s name who it renting the slip.
4. Boaters must carry $300,000 in property damage liability insurance and must supply Jackson County Park with a current copy. Jackson County Park also needs to be added as additional insured. There will be a $10.00 charge if we have to call your insurance company to get a current copy.
5. If selling your boat, the Park Manager must be informed first or the boat must leave the marina.
6. When selling your boat, the new owner must have the boat covered with the proper amount of insurance in their name at time of sale – previous owner’s insurance is not valid.
7. All renters must have an evacuation plan, and a copy will be placed in their slip file at the office.
8. Anything that is supposed to work on boat must work – horn, lights, etc.
9. All boats must have an appropriate number of life jackets & know where they are kept.
10. Every boat must have the appropriate size cord for the boat for shore electric – no cord should be spliced, taped or altered in any way.
11. If you live out of town, you need to have someone that can come check on your boat every two weeks to be sure it is still in running order.
12. As required by National Fire Protection Association Standards (NFPA) adopted by the State of Alabama, the use of portable cooking equipment of any form - including hibachis, charcoal, wood, or gas type portable cooking equipment - shall be prohibited on boats in berthing areas or on docks.
13. All boats MUST be kept in a presentable manner.
14. All walkways must be kept clean and clear. No drop cords anywhere on dock or boat.
15. All pets must be on a leash at all times.
16. Noise, music, etc. must be kept at an acceptable level. Do not disturb your neighbors.
17. All alcoholic beverages must be kept on boats.
18. All renters and guests of the marina must conduct themselves in an orderly and respectable manner at all times. Renters must be present when having guests. Renters are responsible for the behavior and actions of their guests. If a disturbance is caused and the police is called, you will be required to vacate the marina and will not be able to return.
19. Activities are not allowed during the following hours: Sunday thru Thursday nights – 10 P.M. to 6 A.M., Friday, Saturday, holiday or evening before a holiday - 11 P.M. to 6 A.M.
20. Pump outs are available every Thursday. Call the office and leave a message by 5 p.m. on Wednesday to be pumped out on Thursday.
21. NO DUMPING in the lake! Violators will be asked to the leave the Marina at once.
22. No changing of oil or fluids in your slip or at the marina.
23. Use environmentally safe products when washing your boat or deck & use a low-flow pressure washer. Do not use anything to pollute the water.
24. When cleaning fish, double bag remains & put in dumpster.
25. DO NOT PARK ANYWHERE NEAR THE DUMPSTERS AT ANY TIME!! If you do, your vehicle will be towed at owner’s expense. This includes any guests.
26. Any boater with a complaint should go to the Park Manager first. If the manager cannot solve the complaint, you should then request to go before the Jackson County Commission.
27. It is at the Park Manager’s discretion to take any necessary actions to prevent damages during inclement weather, such as turning off the water.
28. Lessee agrees that Jackson County is not responsible for any damages to personal property. It is the responsibility of the Lessee to have adequate insurance on all personal property.
ALL VIOLATORS OF THE MARINA RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL BE ASKED TO VACATE THE PROPERTY UPON VIOLATION
Maximum occupancy is 8 people. Minimum age to rent a cabin is 23 years of age. No parties are allowed. If a disturbance is caused and the management or police is notified, you will be asked to leave immediately and you will forfeit your rental fees.
Please read the rental agreement carefully for it includes the explanation of charges and rules.
You will need to call for cabin availability and to make reservations. The first night’s rent is required to hold reservation. It must be made by credit card only. Once reservation is made you can print this rental agreement off our website or we can email or mail you a copy. It must be signed and returned within 14 days of making the reservation. Upon receipt of the signed rental agreement, we will send you an email with a copy of your deposit receipt and confirmation of your reservation. If the signed rental agreement is not returned within the 14 days, your reservation will be cancelled without notice and no refund of deposit will be given.
A two-night minimum stay is required on weekends, a three-night minimum stay is required on holidays and single-night stays are available Sunday – Thursday.
All lodging is subject to a 14% lodging tax, a $1.00 per night tourism fee and $60.00 one-time cleaning fee per cabin. Person making the reservation must make all payments. We do not accept multiple payments from multiple people for the same reservation. Payments can be made at any time before your check-in date or final payment will be due at the time of check-in. It can be made by cash, credit card, traveler’s check or money order. The person making the reservation is the responsible party and needs to make sure your party is in compliance with the policies.
LAST MINUTE RESERVATIONS & PAYMENTS
All reservations made less than 14 days to the actual date of check-in require a credit card for a one night deposit. We will email you a lease agreement with your confirmation that you will be required to sign and send back ASAP. If less than 7 days, you will be required to pay in full and sign rental agreement upon arrival.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Cancellations made 14 days or more prior to check-in date will receive full deposit minus a $30.00 cancellation fee per cabin rented. Cancellations 7 – 13 days prior to check-in date will receive ½ of deposit minus $30.00 cancellation fee per cabin and cancellations less than 7 days – no refund. There are no refunds for early check-out. No refunds are given due to inclement weather, mechanical failure of equipment, etc. Please report any inoperative equipment immediately. We will make every reasonable effort to have repairs done quickly and efficiently.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Check-in begins at 2:00 p.m. Your cabin may not be ready at 2:00 p.m. but the latest time will be 4:00 p.m. Our office closes at 5 p.m. so please let us know what time you plan to arrive.
Check-out is 10:00 a.m. It is $20 per hour to check in early or to check out later. Check-out duties: Please take out the trash, run the dishwasher and put the dishes away. You will be charged $25.00 each if these are not done. Make sure cabin is secure before departing and call the office to inform them of your departure. Place keys in drop box at office before leaving or you will be charged $100.00 per key for key & lock replacement.
Each cabin is cleaned after every guest. Please call the office upon check-in if housekeeping is not to your satisfaction. Your cabin should be supplied with sufficient linens for your stay. There will be a $15.00 charge each time dirty linens are exchanged for clean linens. DO NOT USE LINEN FOR CLEANING OF MUD, MAKEUP, ETC. THAT WILL STAIN THEM. IF LINENS ARE STAINED, YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR IT. SHEETS ARE $10.00 EACH, PILLOWCASES ARE $5.00 EACH, BLANKETS ARE $10.00, BATH TOWELS ARE $5.00 EACH, HAND TOWELS ARE $3.00 EACH AND WASH CLOTHS ARE $2.00 EACH. PAPER TOWELS ARE FURNISHED SO PLEASE USE THEM FOR ANY KIND OF CLEAN UP. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS POLICY AUTHORIZES THE AGENT TO CHARGE ANY STAINED LINENS BACK TO THE CARD ON FILE. Also, if cabin is left in an unreasonable mess, you will be charged an extra $25.00.
We do not charge a security deposit but your credit card is kept on file until cabins are inspected after your departure. The responsible party will be liable for all intentional or reckless damages such as damage to furniture & electronics (i.e. damaged television, broken bed frame, broken sleeper sofa, etc.) and damages to the cabin. DO NOT prop the doors open by leaving the deadbolt open. This will damage the wood around the doors. If damage to the doorframe is found after you leave, you will be charged back the expense to repair them. The responsible party also authorizes the agent to charge any expenses relating to intentional or reckless damage, cleaning of the cabin beyond a normal cabin clean or theft of any property from the cabin to the credit card on file for that cabin. All charges will be for a comparable replacement of any damages. If the cabin is in good condition at the inspection after your check-out, your credit card information will be destroyed.
We have one pet friendly cabin. You must inform us if you wish to bring your pet at the time the reservation is made. There will be a $50.00 extra charge for pets. IF YOU ARE FOUND WITH A PET IN ANY CABIN OTHER THAN THE PET FRIENDLY CABIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEAVE AND YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR RENTAL FEES. Please do not leave your pet unattended inside or outside of the cabin. Please do not let your pet lay on the blankets or linens supplied in the cabin. If you do, you will be charged for any item that do not come clean. Any damage done due to the pet will be charged to your card. When you walk your pet, make sure you clean up after it.
All cabins are smoke-free. Ashtrays will be furnished outside of each cabin. Please do not throw cigarette butts on the ground.
DO NOT PARK OR DRIVE ON THE GRASS AROUND THE CABINS.
We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please check your unit thoroughly prior to your departure for any personal belongings.
Firewood is available for purchase to use in the fire pit. Let us know if you would like to purchase some and we will have it ready upon your arrival.
Upon your signature, you agree that you have read, understood and will abide by these rules and policies. Also, that you have read all the highlighted items and know that you will be charged back for these rules if they are not followed.
Renter’s Signature Date