Jackson County Marina Rules
1. Only one boat per boat slip. If you put another vessel of any kind in the slip with your boat, it will be an extra $25.00 a month & we must have a copy of the insurance covering it.
2. All boats must run & be checked often by Park Manager.
3. All boats must have current registration stickers & be registered in the current owner’s name who it renting the slip.
4. Boaters must carry $300,000 in property damage liability insurance and must supply Jackson County Park with a current copy. There will be a $10.00 charge if we have to call your insurance company to get a current copy.
5. If selling your boat, the Park Manager must be informed first or the boat must leave the marina.
6. When selling your boat, the new owner must have the boat covered with the proper amount of insurance in their name at time of sell – previous owner’s insurance is not invalid.
7. All renters must have an evacuation plan & a copy will be put in their slip file at the office.
8. Anything that is supposed to work on boat must work – horn, lights, etc.
9. All boats must have an appropriate number of life jackets & know where they are kept.
10. Every boat must have the appropriate size cord for the boat for shore electric – no cord should be spliced, taped or altered in any way.
11. If you live out of town, you need to have someone that can come check on your boat every two weeks to be sure it is still in running order.
12. There are to be no open flames on dock or boats. Only gas grills are acceptable. This is per Scottsboro Fire Marshall.
13. All boats MUST be kept in a presentable manner.
14. All walkways must be kept clean and clear. No drop cords anywhere on dock or boat.
15. All pets must be on a leash at all times.
16. Noise, music, etc. must be kept at an acceptable level. Do not disturb your neighbors.
17. All alcoholic beverages must be kept on boats.
18. All patrons and guests of the marina must conduct themselves in an orderly and respectable manner at all times. Patrons must be present when having guest. If a disturbance is caused and the police is called, you will be required to vacate the marina and will not be able to return.
19. Activities are not allowed during the following hours: Sunday thru Thursday nights – 10 P.M. to 6 A.M., Friday, Saturday, holiday or evening before a holiday - 11 P.M. to 6 A.M.
20. Pump outs are available every Thursday. Call the office and leave a message by 10 a.m. on Thursday to be pumped out that afternoon.
21. NO DUMPING in the lake! Violators will be asked to the leave the Marina at once.
22. No changing of oil or fluids in your slip or at the marina.
23. Use environmentally safe products when washing your boat or deck & use a low-flow pressure washer. Do not use anything to pollute the water.
24. When cleaning fish, double bag remains & put in dumpster.
25. DO NOT PARK ANYWHERE NEAR THE DUMPSTERS AT ANY TIME!! If you do, your vehicle will be towed at owner’s expense. This includes any guests.
26. Any boater with a complaint should go to the Park Manager first. If the he cannot solve the complaint, you should then request to go before the Jackson County Commission.
27. It is at the Park Manager’s discretion to take any necessary actions to prevent damages during inclement weather, such as turning off the water.
28. Lessee agrees that Jackson County is not responsible for any damages to personal property. It is the responsibility of the Lessee to have adequate insurance on all personal property.
ALL VIOLATORS OF THE MARINA RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL BE ASKED TO VACATE THE PROPERTY UPON VIOLATION
Sign and date: ______________________________________
Jackson County Park
2302 County Park Road
Scottsboro, Alabama 35769
Maximum occupancy is 8 people. Minimum age to rent a cabin is 23 years of age. No parties are allowed. If a disturbance is caused and the management or police is notified, you will be asked to leave immediately and you will forfeit your rental fees.
Please read the rental agreement carefully for it includes the explanation of charges and rules.
You will need to call for cabin availability and to make reservations. The first night’s rent is required to hold reservation. It must be made by credit card only. Once reservation is made you can print this rental agreement off our website or we can email or mail you a copy. It must be signed and returned within 14 days of making the reservation. Upon receipt of the signed rental agreement, we will send you an email with a copy of your deposit receipt and confirmation of your reservation. If the signed rental agreement is not returned within the 14 days, your reservation will be cancelled without notice and no refund of deposit will be given.
A two-night minimum stay is required on weekends, a three-night minimum stay is required on holidays and single-night stays are available Sunday – Thursday.
All lodging is subject to a 14% lodging tax, a $1.00 per night tourism fee and $50.00 one time cleaning fee per cabin. Person making the reservation must make all payments. We do not accept multiple payments from multiple people for the same reservation. Payments can be made at any time before your check-in date or final payment will be due at the time of check-in. It can be made by cash, credit card, traveler’s check or money order. The person making the reservation is the responsible party and needs to make sure your party is in compliance with the policies.
LAST MINUTE RESERVATIONS & PAYMENTS
All reservations made less than 14 days to the actual date of check-in require a credit card for a one night deposit. We will email you a lease agreement with your confirmation that you will be required to sign and send back ASAP. If less than 7 days, you will be required to pay in full and sign rental agreement upon arrival.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Cancellations made 14 days or more prior to check-in date will receive full deposit minus a $30.00 cancellation fee per cabin rented. Cancellations 7 – 13 days prior to check-in date will receive ½ of deposit minus $30.00 cancellation fee per cabin and cancellations less than 7 days – no refund. There are no refunds for early check-out. No refunds are given due to inclement weather, mechanical failure of equipment, etc. Please report any inoperative equipment immediately. We will make every reasonable effort to have repairs done quickly and efficiently.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Check-in begins at 2:00 p.m. Your cabin may not be ready at 2:00 p.m. but the latest time will be 4:00 p.m. Our office closes at 5 p.m. so please let us know what time you plan to arrive.
Check-out is 10:00 a.m. It is $20 per hour to check in early or to check out later. Check-out duties: Please take out the trash, run the dishwasher and put the dishes away. You will be charged $25.00 each if these are not done. Make sure cabin is secure before departing and call the office to inform them of your departure. Place keys in drop box at office before leaving or you will be charged $100.00 per key for key & lock replacement.
Each cabin is cleaned after every guest. Please call the office upon check-in if housekeeping is not to your satisfaction. Your cabin should be supplied with sufficient linens for your stay. There will be a $15.00 charge each time dirty linens are exchanged for clean linens. DO NOT USE LINEN FOR CLEANING OF MUD, MAKEUP, ETC. THAT WILL STAIN THEM. IF LINENS ARE STAINED, YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR IT. SHEETS ARE $10.00 EACH, PILLOWCASES ARE $5.00 EACH, BLANKETS ARE $10.00, BATH TOWELS ARE $5.00 EACH, HAND TOWELS ARE $3.00 EACH AND WASH CLOTHS ARE $2.00 EACH. PAPER TOWELS ARE FURNISHED SO PLEASE USE THEM FOR ANY KIND OF CLEAN UP. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS POLICY AUTHORIZES THE AGENT TO CHARGE ANY STAINED LINENS BACK TO THE CARD ON FILE. Also, if cabin is left in an unreasonable mess, you will be charged an extra $25.00.
We do not charge a security deposit but your credit card is kept on file until cabins are inspected after your departure. The responsible party will be liable for all intentional or reckless damages such as damage to furniture & electronics (i.e. damaged television, broken bed frame, broken sleeper sofa, etc.) and damages to the cabin. DO NOT prop the doors open by leaving the deadbolt open. This will damage the wood around the doors. If damage to the doorframe is found after you leave, you will be charged back the expense to repair them. The responsible party also authorizes the agent to charge any expenses relating to intentional or reckless damage, cleaning of the cabin beyond a normal cabin clean or theft of any property from the cabin to the credit card on file for that cabin. All charges will be for a comparable replacement of any damages. If the cabin is in good condition at the inspection after your check-out, your credit card information will be destroyed.
We have one pet friendly cabin. You must inform us if you wish to bring your pet at the time the reservation is made. There will be a $50.00 extra charge for pets. IF YOU ARE FOUND WITH A PET IN ANY CABIN OTHER THAN THE PET FRIENDLY CABIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEAVE AND YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR RENTAL FEES. Please do not leave your pet unattended inside or outside of the cabin. Please do not let your pet lay on the blankets or linens supplied in the cabin. If you do, you will be charged for any item that do not come clean. Any damage done due to the pet will be charged to your card. When you walk your pet, make sure you clean up after it.
All cabins are smoke-free. Ashtrays will be furnished outside of each cabin. Please do not throw cigarette butts on the ground.
DO NOT PARK OR DRIVE ON THE GRASS AROUND THE CABINS.
We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please check your unit thoroughly prior to your departure for any personal belongings.
Firewood is available for purchase to use in the fire pit. Let us know if you would like to purchase some and we will have it ready upon your arrival.
Upon your signature, you agree that you have read, understood and will abide by these rules and policies. Also, that you have read all the highlighted items and know that you will be charged back for these rules if they are not followed.
Renter’s Signature Date