Jackson County Marina Rules
1. Only one boat per boat slip. If you put another vessel of any kind in the slip with your boat, it will be an extra $25.00 a month & we must have a copy of the insurance covering it.
2. All boats must run & be checked often by Park Manager.
3. All boats must have current registration stickers & be registered in the current owner’s name who it renting the slip.
4. Boaters must carry $300,000 in property damage liability insurance and must supply Jackson County Park with a current copy. There will be a $10.00 charge if we have to call your insurance company to get a current copy.
5. If selling your boat, the Park Manager must be informed first or the boat must leave the marina.
6. When selling your boat, the new owner must have the boat covered with the proper amount of insurance in their name at time of sell – previous owner’s insurance is not invalid.
7. All renters must have an evacuation plan & a copy will be put in their slip file at the office.
8. Anything that is supposed to work on boat must work – horn, lights, etc.
9. All boats must have an appropriate number of life jackets & know where they are kept.
10. Every boat must have the appropriate size cord for the boat for shore electric – no cord should be spliced, taped or altered in any way.
11. If you live out of town, you need to have someone that can come check on your boat every two weeks to be sure it is still in running order.
12. There are to be no open flames on dock or boats. Only gas grills are acceptable. This is per Scottsboro Fire Marshall.
13. All boats MUST be kept in a presentable manner.
14. All walkways must be kept clean and clear. No drop cords anywhere on dock or boat.
15. All pets must be on a leash at all times.
16. Noise, music, etc. must be kept at an acceptable level. Do not disturb your neighbors.
17. All alcoholic beverages must be kept on boats.
18. All patrons and guests of the marina must conduct themselves in an orderly and respectable manner at all times. Patrons must be present when having guest. If a disturbance is caused and the police is called, you will be required to vacate the marina and will not be able to return.
19. Activities are not allowed during the following hours: Sunday thru Thursday nights – 10 P.M. to 6 A.M., Friday, Saturday, holiday or evening before a holiday - 11 P.M. to 6 A.M.
20. Pump outs are available every Thursday. Call the office and leave a message by 10 a.m. on Thursday to be pumped out that afternoon.
21. NO DUMPING in the lake! Violators will be asked to the leave the Marina at once.
22. No changing of oil or fluids in your slip or at the marina.
23. Use environmentally safe products when washing your boat or deck & use a low-flow pressure washer. Do not use anything to pollute the water.
24. When cleaning fish, double bag remains & put in dumpster.
25. DO NOT PARK ANYWHERE NEAR THE DUMPSTERS AT ANY TIME!! If you do, your vehicle will be towed at owner’s expense. This includes any guests.
26. Any boater with a complaint should go to the Park Manager first. If the he cannot solve the complaint, you should then request to go before the Jackson County Commission.
27. It is at the Park Manager’s discretion to take any necessary actions to prevent damages during inclement weather, such as turning off the water.
28. Lessee agrees that Jackson County is not responsible for any damages to personal property. It is the responsibility of the Lessee to have adequate insurance on all personal property.
ALL VIOLATORS OF THE MARINA RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL BE ASKED TO VACATE THE PROPERTY UPON VIOLATION
Sign and date: ______________________________________